The latest news and insights
Casa Systems announce interoperability with our NextGen HSS
Our integration partner Casa Systems announced the interoperability of Summa Networks’ NextGen HSS and HLR with their Apex™ multi-standard outdoor micro / pico small cell. Casa Systems and Summa Networks will demo our joint solution at the Mobile World Congress Americas, 12-14 September in San Francisco. Read the full press release here:
Casa Systems Expands Partner Ecosystem and Unveils New Apex™ Multi-Standard Outdoor Small Cell at Mobile World Congress Americas 2017
Axyom™ Interoperability with BroadForward, IPSecures, Openet and Summa Networks accelerates virtualized network functions and enables faster network convergence on path to 5G networks
ANDOVER, Mass. – September 7, 2017 – Casa Systems, a worldwide leader in next-generation distributed and virtualized architectures in mobile, telco and cable broadband access networks, today announced interoperability with a number of SDN/NFV providers as well as a new Apex Multi-standard Outdoor Micro / Pico Small Cell that is part of a comprehensive portfolio of 5G-ready access, aggregation and core mobile network solutions.
The new products and expanding partner ecosystem come as Casa Systems builds significant momentum with mobile operators worldwide, including recent deployments with Tier 1 providers in North America and Asia as well as Tier 2 providers in Latin America. As service providers look to reduce costs and accelerate the transition to virtualized and converged networks, Casa Systems’ common virtualization software framework, common hardware platform, and NFV 2.0 architecture are enabling the migration to 5G-ready networks.
AxyomTM SDN/NFV Ecosystem Partners
Unlike legacy vendors that are simply porting existing software to commercial servers, Casa Systems has an NFV 2.0 architecture designed to make 5G networks a reality through multi-dimensional scaling and higher performance. Key to that architecture is an ecosystem of partners to interoperate, complement and extend Casa’s Axyom software, including:
- Summa Networks – NextGen Home Subscriber Server (HSS) enables seamless interworking between 3G and 4G based on its combination of LTE HSS, IMS HSS and HLR support.
- BroadForward – BFX is the next generation Diameter Signaling Controller and advanced Interface Gateway for 2G/3G, 4G/LTE, 5G, IMS, Fixed and Wi-Fi, Number Portability and M2M networks.
- Openet – Real-time Business Support Systems (BSS) and customer engagement systems delivered on a virtualized platform that is designed for software-centric networks.
- IPSecures – A leading provider of advanced communication networks and colud-based managed services to enable better ways for communication service roviders to implement and manage next-generation technologies like IMS, RCS, WiFi Calling, VoLTE and more.
Apex Multi-Standard Outdoor Micro / Pico Small Cell
Recgonizing the diverse needs of mobile operators to increase coverage and capacity for a range of subscribers, technologies and use cases, Casa Systems offers a portfolio of Apex Small Cells for indoor, outdoor, residential, enterprise, multi-standard and 4G-only environments. The new Apex Multi-Standard Outdoor Micro / Pico Small Cell delivers key features:
- Multi-standard – supports both 3G and LTE (including both TDD-LTE and FDD-LTE) to address the broadest base of subscribers.
- Flexible outdoor applications – designed to address both fixed and wireless broadband use cases with 2W or 5W radios
- Converged backhaul – ability to transpot traffic over DOCSIS 3.1, GPON/EPON or Ethernet connections to maximize deployment speed and flexibility.
“As evidenced by our momentum and deployments with multiple Tier 1 mobile operators around the world, the transition to more virtualized, agile and 5G-ready networks is an inflection point that creates new opportunities for vendors like Casa Systems that are focused on software-centric innovation,” said Jerry Guo, CEO at Casa Systems. “The continued expansion of our small cell portfolio and SDN/NFV partner ecosystem is part of our broader strategy to deliver the ultra broadband experience across converged platforms and using a common software framework.”
Casa Systems will be showcasing its 5G-ready portfolio of network essentials to customers at Mobile World Congress Americas 2017 taking place September 12th-14th in San Francisco at the Moscone Center.
About Casa Systems, Inc.
Casa Systems, Inc. is a leading provider of next-generation ultra broadband distributed and virtualized architectures in mobile, telco and cable access networks. As the original supplier of commercially deployed CCAP systems that deliver voice, video, and data over a single port, Casa continues a tradition that brings leading edge solutions to hundreds of service providers around the world.
For more information, please visit us at Casa Systems.